Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gingerbread Cake


leaves and flours vegan gingerbread cake
Gingerbread Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Ener-G powder (not mixed with water)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup almond milk

In mixing bowl combine the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and dry Ener-G powder. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. Lightly grease a large loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Once the cake is cooled, a glaze can be added if so desired. This cake is also delicious when served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

The gingerbread cake might read a little more winter than fall to some people. But the spicy flavors are something that I crave as soon as the nights get cool. Today I am starting to get in Halloween mood. I am watching the Addams Family while I bake. And I will probably watch Hocus Pocus at least four times before Halloween. What are your favorite Halloween movies?

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!

    If I switched the egg replacer for flax seed do you think it would still work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLOWEEN TOWN is my favorite, thank you for asking!

    also, edward scissorhands. although i would also argue that it is a christmas movie. . .

    i want to eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hocus Pocus! And this recipe looks amazing. Going to try to make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Hocus Pocus too- but I really love Sleepy Hallow, it was the Movie Justin picked out for our first Halloween together :)

    ReplyDelete