Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Almond Sable Roule


leaves and flours vegan Sable Roule cookies

Some of my favorite cookies are made at a local bakery called Chez Hareg, I actually blogged about them last MoFo here! If you look at that page, the cookies at the bottom are these beautiful little circles with their edges rolled in sparkly sugar. That my friends is a sable roule. It's a wonderful shortbread cookie. Chez Hareg switches theirs up a little bit with some almond flavoring. I think it might have almond meal in it, I'm not entirely sure. I tried to replicate their cookie, but I didn't even come close. What I ended up with was something much more along the lines of an almond flavored pecan sandie. Other people liked the cookies so I considered sharing the recipe, but I just don't think it's quite up to my standards. Maybe I will work on it more after MoFo and see if I can come up with something better first.
So there we have it. I'm call this one the first miss of the month. I didn't love the cherry cornmeal cookies, but they were by no means bad. 9/10 is still an A in most university classes, so I don't feel too shabby about my performance thus far. Tomorrow's cookies are definitely top notch, so there's also that to look forward to!

2 comments: