Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rugelach


leaves and flours vegan rugelach

Today I bring to you rugelach from The Joy of Vegan Baking. It's by no means a new cookbook, but Colleen has created one of the most comprehensive vegan baking books so it stands the test of time. I've made several things from it before always with great success. I am by no means a rugelach expert. I remember eating them as a child, but I can't tell you what they were like. These were a wee bit doughier than I expected. I am fairly certain that rugelach are suppose to be crisp and flaky. Mine were a little bit oilier. Maybe it was a bit too much fat or the Earth Balance and cream cheese weren't quite the right temperature when I tried to make the dough? I might have blended it too much or too little? I haven't figured it out yet. Sometimes it's hard to know what's gone wrong when you're teaching yourself. I'll have to try it again. Do you have a rugelach recipe you love? Maybe even a family recipe you've veganized to perfection?!

3 comments:

  1. These rugelach looks pretty good to me and I don't remember them being a go to cookie. And I am ready to try and figure out how to get those cookies here now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, they look great! I don't think I've ever had rugelach, because whenever I see them at bakeries they aren't vegan. I also really like the joy of vegan baking. There are a few things in there that I have really come to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they didn't come out the way you wanted, but they do look lovely!

    ReplyDelete