Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cream Puffs


leaves and flours vegan Cream Puffs

When I think of the dessert that I probably miss the most since going vegan, it is definitely cream puffs. I have never had an acceptable version without all the eggs & cream. I remember eating cream puffs larger than my oversized mug of coffee my freshman year of college. I have missed them since. But not any longer!
After the little bump that was my eclair failure, these cream puffs were smooth sailing. I found the recipe last month while reading Quick & Easy Vegan Bake Sale. The steps in the choux recipe are fairly similar to that in the eclairs, but using a chia egg instead of flax. They puffed up quite nicely and I filled them with the same cream from Miyoko's eclair recipe. I dipped them in a gianduia ganache that I thinned out a wee bit too much. I will definitely be making these cream puffs again!

leaves and flours vegan Cream Puffs

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know that cream puffs could be veganized and look this great! I'm sure they taste delish as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, yum, YUM! i haven't had a cream puff in awhile, and this vegan version looks so delish!

    xx
    Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese look wonderful... a nice cup of tea to boot. Glad it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete