Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sticky Rice with Mango


leaves and flours vegan coconut sticky rice with mango

In my continued quest for lower sugar desserts, it crossed my mind that I have never made coconut sticky rice before. It is quite possibly one of my favorite desserts. Last month Greg and I went to a restaurant called Thai X-ing that makes the best sticky rice in existence. You can't fight it. You won't win. What I made was not even remotely on the same scale as theirs, but it was ok. I used this recipe I found on Yummly that seemed simple enough and didn't require too much effort. I probably wouldn't try that recipe again. I will learn the secrets of sticky rice someday! Have you ever made it before? Do you have any tips?
This week has continued to be full of change and upheaval. I have adjusted to my new living situation and have everything unpacked. Now I just have to hang the curtains in our bedroom. They have been folded for approximately 14 months, because I never managed to hang them in my last room. This time around it will really happen! I have all sorts of lists of things that I need to get done. Somehow the lists are full of all these minute tasks that I keep putting off, but they really do add up after a while. Despite the warnings for snow tomorrow, spring is rapidly approaching. That means things will pick back up at the bakery. There are so many holidays and little events packed into February and March. I've got my heart cookie cutters secured, but I still have to gather some shamrocks, butterflies, and eggs. Maybe even a football for the super bowl?! I am definitely looking forward to spring. I can't wait for longer days and warmer weather.
leaves and flours vegan coconut sticky rice with mango

3 comments:

  1. this sounds great! i've never made sticky rice before but i read somewhere that the "proper" way to do it involves having a fan near the rice while you're cooking it?! but what do i know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee-lish! I'm a recent convert to the ways of the mango, and mango sticky rice is just always wonderful. Hot or cold, I'll eat it all day long. Sounds perfectly comforting straight off the stove on these frigid days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!!! I can't wait to try it!!

    Check out my blog if you get a chance. It would mean a lot to me!

    www.manusmenu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete