Monday, December 10, 2012

Playing Catch Up



My yeast theme might be falling apart a little this month. I keep having really great intentions. There was a nice little list of all the things I wanted to make: sourdough loaves and cinnamon buns and a dessert version of a soft pretzel. I have been baking incessantly, just not many things with yeast. I did manage to make a batch of soft pretzels, but I have blogged about them before so I didn't think they warranted another post. I also made more rocky road fudge and a few pounds of peanut brittle. There have been tons of baked donuts and rice crispies. I made Hanukkah cookies last night and stuffed myself full of latkes too. At work I have been making tubs full of gingerbread men. That's right tubs. I can't even count the hundreds of cookies I have rolled out any longer. Things have been so busy. I can't remember the last night that I got a full eight hours of sleep, but hopefully it will happen soon. Until then I will caffeinate myself to a mostly functional state.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god these look so yummy! I would love to get my hands on some of those pretzels!
    What a dream to bake all this on the regular <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs theme when you can have such delicious variety! You sure have been busy, and each treat looks fantastic. I'm seriously jealous that you were able to get your hands on such stunning berries in December though.

    ReplyDelete