Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filled Bread

leaves and flours vegan bread


When I first saw this recipe last winter on Seitan is my Motor, I realized I had all the ingredients in my pantry and made it hours later. Since then, I have made this recipe at least a dozen times with various fillings. There has never been a loaf that has turned out poorly.

leaves and flours vegan bread


I filled this batch with a pumpkin tofu cream cheese a friend had left over when they got home from New York this week. I would assume it's from the Bagel Store. I also used Pumpkin Spice Silk rather than a quarter cup of soy milk and for brushing on the top of the braid. My favorite thing about this bread is how crisp the crust gets, while the inside stays so soft.

leaves and flours vegan bread


The first loaf was eaten by my housemates in less than an hour, so I made a second loaf which was braided a little neater. It didn't finish baking until it was dark, so my camera wouldn't have gotten a decent photograph. My friend did however!

leaves and flours vegan bread

1 comment:

  1. your braiding has gotten so beautiful! i want to make this with canned blueberries, i am obsessed with them lately. i also want to keep being the first to comment on your posts, because i am obsessed with you, duh.

    (creeper alert)

    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete