Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nutella Swirled Blondies

leaves and flours vegan nutella

I have been lusting after a vegan nutella-like spread for a while. Last week I decided to make my own, bought a giant bag of hazelnuts, and immediately after found a jar of accidentally vegan nutella in a Marshalls. I scoured the store searching for another jar of the same brand, but couldn't find one. Soon I will attempt to make my own, but this jar should serve for a few baking trials.
I decided to make nutella swirled blondies. I hadn't ever actually eaten a blondie before, but it seemed the nutella was enough to make it something I would enjoy. I used a recipe from the Allergic Kid. While the taste was perfect, my batch turned out a little drier than I expected. The batter was also way too thick and sticky to actually swirl the nutella in with a knife like I had envisioned. Instead I took a few tablespoons, melted it in the microwave for about 20 seconds, and drizzled it on top prior to baking.

leaves and flours vegan nutella swirled blondies

I think they were pretty spectacular. These are something I would definitely make again. I might play around with another blondie recipe. Even though there is tofu in the blondie recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, I might give it a chance.
Do you like blondies? They seemed so inferior to brownies that I had never given them a chance, but I see their potential now.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I never had blondies! But this recipe makes me want to try them asap.

    ReplyDelete