Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread

leaves and flours vegan cinnamon sugar pull apart brioche bread

When I originally made Celine's brioche recipe I knew it would be a recipe that I would make several times. I also knew I had to try her pull apart variation, especially since it has a much shorter chilling time.
I'm going to be honest with you, I have never been a cinnamon bun fan. I love the swirls of cinnamon through the dough, but I don't desire the too sweet sticky icing ever. That is not to say that there have not been a few low points where I have devoured a grocery store, chemically vegan cinnamon bun or two. But if I were planning out a breakfast option for friends, I would choose this cinnamon sugar variation over buns. The pull apart bread is positively to die for. It's slightly yeasty and just enough sweet. No toothaches necessary.
You will need a mixer with a dough hook, a rolling pin, and a pretty specific pan size. I didn't have a 7.75 inch x 3.75 inch x 2.75 inch pan. I did have a pan that was about 5 inches longer and similar heights and depths. I put in all the squares of cut dough because they fit, but during baking a few of them popped out. I was glad for the foil I put down on the oven rack below. If you have a smaller pan, just put in a fraction of the dough. If you have a slightly larger pan, the pieces might fall over a bit during a baking so that they pull off a bit weird. You could also split the dough into two mini loafs. Or even bake the bread in rose form like Tiffany for a real 'aww' factor.

leaves and flours vegan cinnamon sugar pull apart brioche bread

Also, if you make this bread early in the morning your whole house will smell heavenly for most of the afternoon. That's the kind of aromatherapy I enjoy.

1 comment: