Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blackberry Allspice Muffins


The last seven days have been a little rough. Something really heavy fell on my foot and left me unable to put on a shoe for a few days. And then I got in a minor car accident on my way home from work yesterday. It's weeks like that that help us keep things in perspective. Occasionally my days might be a little boring or tedious, but at least they are generally pretty swell. After all who can complain about lazy, sleepy mornings off with muffins & tea?

leaves and flours vegan Blackberry Allspice Muffins

Whole Grain Vegan Baking is a cookbook I bought as soon as it was released. It sat on my shelf for a few months before I finally spent some quality time sifting through it. If you haven't picked up a copy yet you definitely should. You can also enter to win a copy on Joni's blog Just the Food if you hurry! My favorite recipe from the book is the speculoos doughnuts, which I made last year. These muffins are my second favorite so far. They make a terrific breakfast. I used fresh blackberries, and I think it was worth the splurge.
Are there any recipes from the book that you have tried yet & would recommend I add to my to-bake list? It's already getting quite long with all the MoFo recipes I have been bookmarking, but what's the harm in building it back up now that I have worked my way through so many recipes this month?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your week. I hope you're feeling better now!
    These muffins look scrumptious, I need to get my hands on that cookbook right now! x

    ReplyDelete